Friday, January 3, 2014

On Writing

For lack of a better hobby, I put writing “writing” on the list. However, within 4 years of blogging, I only have 37 entries with around 3,700 page views.  Most of my entries were offshoots of extremely high emotions. I cannot force myself to write. I would stare at blank pages and blinking cursors. I have started a lot of entries, but would often fail to complete them. If I force myself, it only takes a few sentences to lull some readers to sleep. Well there were ten-minute wonders where I’d vomit words like a sick lady. Words come like crazy so I had to keep a pen and paper handy.  I write on receipts, tissue paper, or handouts, when I retch. Otherwise, elusive ideas slip away.
Every year I’d tell myself, “You should read and write more. You should stop wasting your time. You should practice and read more.” Every year, I would fail. It probably takes discipline and time management unbearable to my short attention span. I should probably stop amusing myself with my Facebook news feed and get my act together.   
As usual, I’ll try again this year. Hopefully I’ll be better this year. 

1 comment:

  1. Avoid having New Year's resolution because you will only be disappointed the following year and also change for the betterment should not be confined on the first weeks on the year.

    ReplyDelete