Thursday, March 8, 2012

On Being Decisive

I have done a lot of things that I am not particularly proud of. I went around in circles because I took a lot of wrong turns. More often than not, I feel tired, depressed and alone. More often than not, I feel I have been taken advantage of. I do a lot of things which do not excite me. I choose things that I know would not make me happy. I end up cleaning up other people’s acts. I was supposed to lead but would end up doing everything, just to keep up with commitments. I feel bullied and obliged. I let other people decide for me. I let people influence how I live. I am too afraid to hurt other people. I am too afraid to say no. I can’t decide on my own and end up wavering on the very few decisions that I have made for myself. My happiness is dependent on other people’s happiness. I am particularly happy when things are without aversion. I am high on self restraint. I am careful about how other people see me and react to my decisions. I have high regard to those in authority. I am careful as to how my decision impacts other people’s equilibrium. I have traces of courage but I can’t seem to sustain it.

Now I am tired. I am very tired. I’m starting to care less. I am starting to be lazy. I have yet to see the day when I could muster enough courage to stand on my own and decide on my own. I have yet to see the day when I can boldly say that I own all my decisions. I have yet to be in that space where I am happy, peaceful and excited. I have yet to see the day that I can do what I want and not just because I am obliged. I have a long way to go. I hope someday I would wake up with enough courage to choose to be happy. I hope someday I would make that choice and stick with it.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds just like me from the past... you should always be think of the blessings you have... always be thankful... bad things happen to everyone. it is part of life. what matters is how you handle them. i know you are great at that. you don't need acceptance of others because you are already accepted and most of us are proud of what you have become.. of what you are.

    but if you need to share your feelings and frustrations, i would be willing to just listen and comfort you.. just let me know..

    remember, a person who has less that is happy with that is better than a person who has more but is still not contented. what is important is happiness.. and happiness is a subjective thing.

    think happy. be happy. live happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. just let tell me if you want someone who will listen...

    ReplyDelete